Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Effect of Varying Amount of Hydroponic Solutions to the Growth of Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) Plant in a Controlled Hydroponics System


Researchers:
Christian C. Chua
Research Adviser:
Mrs. Ma. Regaele A. Olarte

Conceptual Framework
The Experimentation and Set-ups of a Controlled Hydroponics System Using Different Amounts of Hydroponic Solution and Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) Plant
  

Discussion
The hydroponics system designed by the researcher was adopted from the design of the Institute of Plant Breeding CSC-CA, University of the Philippines Los BaƱos. The cycle of the system is very easy to understand because the plants will be using the nutrients of the solution until they reach their full growth. The system is a labor free and self maintaining system because one can leave the system without monitoring it.
A summary of four set-ups is seen on the results. The tables, graphs and statistical analyses were presented to show if there was a significant difference in the growth of Lactuca Sativa (Lettuce) plant in the experimental and controlled hydroponics set-up. This was measured in terms of height of the plants in centimeters. The first set-up which was the controlled set-up showed how the plant normally grows when planted traditionally (planted on the soil) while the other three set-up showed the use of the controlled hydroponics solution with different amounts of solutions.
As what was expected by the researcher, the plants normally grew on the controlled set-up. Set-up A with 12.5 ml of solution didn’t satisfy the needed nutrients of the plants so as a result, the plants died on the 3rd week of the experiment. The other two set-ups, set-up B and set-up C with 25ml and 50ml of solutions respectively satisfy the needed nutrients of the plants so the plants grew normally just like on the controlled set-up.
The researcher used unpaired, two sample t-test to determine if there was a significant difference between the growth of lettuce (Lactuca sativa) planted on soil and on the controlled hydroponics system in terms of height in centimeters. Since the statistical units underlying the two samples being compared were non-overlapping. Based on the results of the statistical method used by the researcher, the researcher proved that there is no significant difference between using the controlled hydroponics system and the traditional planting method in yielding Lactuca Sativa (Lettuce) plant.
      The results of the experiment showed that 25ml and 50ml amount of solutions are applicable in growing Lactuca Sativa (Lettuce) plant.




12 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm a Grade 10 student from Dumaguete Science High School in Negros Oriental. Uhm May I ask if I can have the full copy of your investigatory projetct? If yes, please send me a message through the link. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindly respond immediately because i need it so badly hehe. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , Im a Grade 9 student of Regional Science High School :D Can you give me a full doc of this reserch file.. i need it please ...

    Kindly send it to me @https://www.facebook.com/adznaira.amilussin

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I please have a full doc of the research file... I need it badly..

    https://www.facebook.com/aretutal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sir/ Ma'am, I'm a Grade 12 student from University of Cebu - Lapulapu and Mandaue Campus. May I please to have this full copy of this research file? I need it for my research.

    This is my fb account...
    https://www.facebook.com/meltheo.delacruz

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I get a copy of the full document? I will just use it as a guide since it's my first time dealing with hydroponics. This is my e-mail: joelmayol414@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am a student from University of Cebu - Banilad. May I have the full copy of the file? For research purposes. Hopinh for your response.

    My email address: celestemariecortes05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I get a copy of this document I really need it badly. Thank you.

    Fb acc: Pauline Marge Gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Can I have the copy of your paper, you can send it here!
    @itsmissmusic@gmail.com

    thank you so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I need the full copy of this research paper for educational purposes only. Please tell me where to send my details so that I can access this full paper. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete