Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Wound Healing Effect of Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) Extract on Albino Mice

Bryant ALTERADO, Reggie BAGATELA, Elijah Jeremie SORIANO

S.Y. 2014-2015


ABSTRACT

            Due to the high cost of the commercial medicines, people are incited to discover and seek for an alternative way to cure particular ailments by the utilization of medicinal plants. People in rural places and those who cannot afford to buy expensive topical treatment for skin diseases need to discover what nature can offer as alternative medication. Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) is a plant that is abundant in many regions of Asia. It was first used in Japan as herbal tea for treatment of different diseases, and it multiplied rapidly, particularly in the Philippines. Subsequently, the researchers studied the beneficial uses of the Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) leaves, specifically its capability to treat wounds.
            A total of four sets of experiments are prepared. Three (3) mice per four (4) different kinds of set-ups. Pure Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) extract and decocted Ashitaba (Angelicakeiskei) extract served as the experimental set-ups. Betadine (Povidone-iodine) and the untreated set-up served as the control set-ups.
           The results of the experiment revealed that among all the treatments, 100% Angelica keiskei pure extract had the highest rate of wound healing in albino mice. Next were the Povidone-iodine and the decocted extract of Angelica keiskei, which were at the same level of efficiency. Statistical analysis showed that there’s no significant difference between the experimental set-ups (Ashitaba leaf and stem pure extract, and decocted extract) and the control set-up (Povidone-iodine) in terms of wound healing rate.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm interested in this study. I've never seen or thought of using ashitaba extract as a wound healer. Pls send it to my email. navi_yesiv@yahoo.com appreciate it thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can i have the complete write ups please i really need to read this thank u researchers...my cp number is 09075152124

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I would like to ask if it is possible that I may have the complete write ups of your experiment? I'm interested in the methods that you have used for the study. Hopefully you could send it to my email, tao4859@yahoo.com . Thank you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i have the complete writeups for this study? it is quite relevant to my research study.. thank you :) nicholedeziree@gmail.com is my email :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can I have the complete write-ups for this study? it's quite intriguing you see.. thank you

    preciouslaranjo23@gmail.com is my g-mail account

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! I would like to ask if I could have the complete write up for this study?
    Please send it to gwyneth.zacarias@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi po 😊 I would like to have your permission if I could have the complete write up because we need it in our groupings, we are tasked to search a related research about life science/biology science we just need some ideas and guidelines to do our research and it is quite relevant to our research . Thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gmail is noriellejoyann@gmail.com you can send the file in this email

      Delete
  9. can you please sendme the whole research paper maam, sir? we would like to make your research as our inspiration in our research thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. hii please send the wholepaper on my gmail account

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, can I have a full copy of this study? For project purpose .Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

    And making profit with it is as simple as 1, 2, 3!

    Here are the steps to make it work...

    STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products you want to push
    STEP 2. Add PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. Watch the affiliate products system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all by itself!

    Do you want to start making money?

    Click here to launch the system

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi po 😊 I would like to have your permission if I could have the complete write up because we need it in our groupings, we are tasked to search a related research about life science/biology science we just need some ideas and guidelines to do our research and it is quite relevant to our research . Thanks 😊 MY GMAIL IS vincemontes169@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi can I have the complete write up because I needed an example of a investigatory project with complete parts and I think this project is perfect , I need it asap hehehe , please could you send it to me annemarysantos7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, may I have the permission to view the full research paper?

    My gmail is zairanicca13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating angelica extract

    ReplyDelete